How to know if your baby is teething?
My baby started teething when he was six months, This could actually start as early as 3 months and as late as 14 years old. While my second child got his first tooth at a very suitable age, I remember My eldest celebrated his 1st birthday without a single tooth! Haha my eldest first ever tooth was on his 14th month.
Well anyways going back to what the title tells, I hope parents don't mistake babies act of putting things in his mouth as a sign of teething, that happens most. This is the stagfe of that they also explore and put anything even their hands in their mouth.
Here are the signs that your child is teething:
- Excessive drooling - My baby has to change his shirt more than four times a day because he can make his shirt so wet of his saliva.
- Biting / Gnawing - Since my baby is breastfeed, (never gave him formula even once)During nursing, he pressed his gums against each other so hard like biting in between nursing that made me almost wanna cry. But it's part of it.
- Gum swelling - you will notice your baby's gum swollen. The cutting of new teeth can be painful, you can help by rubbing the gum gently with your finger.
- Refusing food - They might take the food at first but turn away after a bit.
- Sleeping problems - Less hours of sleep. This is the time that they are sensitive and can easily get irritated.
- Fever - it happened to both of my son on their first tooth. But for some babies, fever really never happened while teething.
What you can do to help your child lessen the pain that they feel?
Paracetamol or Pain reliever - This is to lessen the pain your baby feels. Make sure to only give the paracetamol prescribed by the pediatrician just to be safe.