When you are driving, safety is the primary responsibility. It is very alarming that the number of car accidents is consecutively increasing monthly. That is why it is important to learn and follow all car safety tips to avoid any trouble while driving.
Here is my 10 tips to a safe trip:
- Never drive when tired. It is one of the main reasons drivers dozed off on the steering wheel. If you are really tired but you need to drive, stop for a caffeine or turn up the music to keep you up. But the best is to have a buddy to swap with you during the trip.
- Never drink and drive. It's what we always hear from elders and friends. If you need to drive home, look for a companion who is not drunk or better yet don't bring a car when you are going to a party. This is also one of the main distractions involved in fatal car crashes aside from drugs.
- Generally distracted or lost in thought (daydreaming) You have found out that your ultimate crush likes you, well don't let it eat your mind out, you are not sure if she is going to like you if you lost your leg or arms. You can just save the dreaming in your bed or at the desk in the office.
- Eyes on the road, but also try to look around as well as watch rear view if there is a fast truck approaching or people that suddenly might cross the street. It pays to be alert on what's happening on around you.
- Using Cellphone. This is a very common reason of car accidents. Refrain from texting or calling when you are driving. If you must talk or text, pull over. Or better to let the incoming calls go to Voicemail or invest in a handsfree set like this one to make sure you reach your destination in one piece.
- Buckle up for your safety. It is good that there are penalties to those who do not follow this safety precaution. Good news is there is a penalty for stubborn drivers.
- Check the weather. Plan your route according to the weather and occasion. Take the best route for the day. Turn on the radio or subscribe to traffic watch to avoid hassles along the way.
- Eat and drink before you hit the road. Driving hungry is a big no-no that it will make you feel uncomfortable and worst you may lose concentration.
- When driving it is very important to focus on the road and don't let any distractions come in your end. Keep your cell phones and other device away from your sight.
- Have your car checked regularly. Good car maintenance is one key to a safe trip. Make sure it is in the best condition before your trip to make sure the car works perfectly. Check the engine, tires, fluid, oil change, gas/fuel, lights and emergency equipment. Here are some extra tips to help you keep your car in tiptop shape for that all important trip.
That's it! I hope you keep all this tips in mind. Happy safe trip!