Fire Prevention Month: How to Keep Your House and Family Safe
During the scorching heat of summer months, we intend to use more electric appliances like coolers, fans, and air conditions which possibly lead to dangers of fires. You can be overly cautious but still, we never know when accidents can happen. Summer is the start of summer which spikes more fire incidents throughout the country.
March is Fire Prevention Month and keeping our family and house protected is the best step we can do. There are several ways how we can prevent fire which we should also discuss with everyone in the family. Here are some ways you can do to prevent fire incidents at home.
- Unplug all unused appliances.
- Do not overuse electrical appliances.
- Check for electrical connection issues at home.
- Have a designated fire exits at home.
- Have a fire extinguisher ready.
- Keep flammable objects away from heat.
- When using candles, stoves, or ovens, do not leave them unattended.
- Keep lighters and matches out of reach of children.
It is always best to be prepared and ready to the max this Fire Prevention Month with ProtectMAX which you can get for as low as P50 which can entitle you to get a total coverage value of up to P61,000.00.
ProtectMAX is a microinsurance product designed for individuals aged 7 to 70 years old with Death Benefit, Accident or Sickness Emergency Cash Assistance, Accidental Dismemberment and/or Disablement, Murder and Unprovoked Assault and Residential Fire Reconstruction cash assistance.
Cebuana Lhuillier Personal Accident Prime is a Personal Accident insurance with Burial Benefit (regardless of cause) to give full protection to insuring public. It covers Accidental Death, Accidental Dismemberment and/or Disablement (ADD&D), Murder and Unprovoked Assault (MUA), Burial Benefit, Livelihood Assistance and Fire Cash Assistance (FCA). Underwritten by Malayan Insurance Company Inc. (MICO).
- Fire Cash Assistance – Up to a maximum of five (5) COCs per household. The term HOUSEHOLD refers to aggregate of persons, generally but not necessarily bound by ties of kinship, who live together under the same roof.
Keep in mind that being prepared will help you to act quickly and confidently if an emergency happens.