Tokwa't Baboy (Pork Tofu) Recipe
Hubby's friend visited us on weekend and he requested hubby to cook his all time favorite dish, Tokwa't Baboy. We thought to share our recipe to my readers out there. Here it is!
1/4 kilo pork belly
1 large block of tofu
2 medium size chopped onion
1/2 head whole crushed garlic
1/2 tsp. peppercorns
2 tbsp. Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup vinegar
1 tbsp. sugar
1. Place the pork belly on a boiling water. Add salt and pepper. Simmer until pork is tender. Turn off heat and set aside. Cut the pork into cubes.
2. On a hot frying pan, add cooking oil. Place in the tofu and fry both sides. Fry until it turns brownish in color, Once cooked, turn off heat and set aside tofu. Slice into cubes.
3. On a clean bowl, combine salt, vinegar, sugar, peppercorn, chopped onion, chopped garlic and Lea Perrins Worcestershire Sauce. Stir with a clean spoon.
4. Mix together tofu and pork.
5. Pour over sauce to the mixed tofu and pork. Serve.
Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce