Working from Home on my 4th Month
It has been four consecutive months since I have started working from my home office. The time when my youngest was 8 months old. I cannot get a job (it's also my choice) outside home for the reason that a small tummy will beat about me. Nursing him full time from his birth until now which is a great way of bonding with him. Most of the time when I am working on my computer table, my eldest son will bring his sibling to me and my youngest will ask me to feed him by pointing on my chest.I am glad at the age of seven, I can already somehow count on my eldest to watch for his younger brother. He is such a very responsible kuya, I am so proud of him. And of course, I am also thankful to have a very understanding and supportive husband who also helps me out whenever he is home. We have equally divided responsibilities.
Truly you have to be a super mom to still have time for family,to clean the house, cook and work. It is quite frustrating when you failed to finish one task. Sometimes I wish there is an additional 3 more hours in a day to have all my responsibilities done.
Everyday, I have learned to live with a list of rules. Here it is:
- I make a schedule from the time i wake up until I head to bed after midnight. I make sure to stick to schedule that I make.
- I keep a few hours of the day flexible, because you never know what might come up.
- I do my best to keep my computer table clean as possible. Every now and then, you will see clutters it could be receipt, toys, baby sandals or my stuffs.
- I am trying to have a fixed hour on using my computer during weekends. Just to give time to my family. Most of the weekend, I work 6 hours.
- I always ensure my sons are occupied. I lay a blanket down at my feet and I let my baby entertain himself by spreading out his bright toys. While my eldest already know what can make him entertain, he set up a small table beside me to also watch over for his younger brother while he is reading books.
I have learned how important time management is, but there are some unexpected instances that I cannot stick to it because some things come up unexpectedly. I am no super mom but I always do my best to be organized and provide my family all the best that I can.